Making the choice to go to couples counseling can feel like a big step, oftentimes overwhelming. It involves admitting that things in your relationship are not perfect, not the fairy tale once thought, which is often challenging to admit.
How would you know if your marriage is in trouble? Here are some common issues that it is time to consider couples and relationships therapy.
- Arguments are becoming more frequent with fewer resolutions
- Trust has been broken
- Poor communication
- Something may feel wrong, but you are not sure what or why
- Blended families and unable to identify ways to merge finances, homes, children, and family
- Addiction issues
- Intimacy Issues
- There has already been discussion of divorce
Couples therapy is designed to bring out the best in you and your partner, strengthening the quality of your relationship, allowing you to deal with issues in ways that support you to grow as individuals and couples. While couples therapy can help in many situations, it is not the miracle overnight solution some people believe it to be. The following are some ways in which couples counseling can help:
- Improving communication skills
- Changing negative relationship patterns
- Enhance understanding of each other’s values, future goals (personal and relationship) and strengthening connections, including intimacy
- Learning effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Build empathy and respect
- Working together as a team
If you are ready to begin the process of healing and resolve relationship conflict when you are at an impasse, the knowledgeable licensed counselors are professional and non-judgmental. You will find a safe space that allows you and your partner to discuss problems in an open, honest, and calm environment.
Don’t wait any longer to improve your relationship. Get started today!